Course Length: 1 day (8 hours)
MCTFT Coordinators: Gail Walker (727-344-8020)
This course is designed to provide executive-level law enforcement managers with insight into critical issues of counterdrug operations. Attendance should be limited to command-level executive positions (e.g., chief, sheriff, director, task force board members). The attendee will learn management practices that will ensure a stable command and control attitude of first line and middle managers for counterdrug task force operations.
- Utilize organizational techniques for providing sound counterdrug enforcement efforts to communities served.
- Understand policy and procedure requirements necessary to ensure operational control.
- Utilize sound selection, training, and retention criteria for unit staffing.
- Use risk assessment and mitigation procedures.
Overview of topics
- Politics of Drug Enforcement
- Task Force Formation and MOUs
- Mission Orientation
- Policy and Procedure Formulation
- Personnel Issues
- Financial Issues
- Operational Controls
- Information Management
- Critical Issue Discussion
Course Schedule and Contacts:
To register for a class, click the “Register” button or call the contact listed with that class below: