Course Length: 1 day (8 hours)
MCTFT Coordinators: Gail Walker (727-344-8020)
Upon completion of the course, the investigator will be familiar with cultivation trends in the United States and will be able to identify the signs that indicate the presence of an outdoor grow operation. The course will emphasize the skills necessary to draft an affidavit for a search warrant and give credible testimony in criminal trials. Further, the investigator will be taught investigative techniques to successfully disrupt and prosecute the violator.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Gain awareness of US statutes related to marijuana use, manufacture and distribution along with additional federal codes that may be employed in the prosecution of such cases.
- Understand the trends in marijuana use, its effects and social views over time.
- Identify the strains of the cannabis plant, grow factors and the plant life cycle.
- Develop a working knowledge of outdoor grow operations.
- Describe techniques for investigating outdoor grow operations.
- Gain an awareness of aerial marijuana spotting techniques.
- Understand marijuana eradication techniques.
- Identify critical elements necessary for drafting an affidavit for a search warrant.
- Describe strategies for giving credible court testimony in marijuana cultivation cases.
Overview of topics
- Introduction and Laws
- Marijuana Use, Effects and Social Views
- Marijuana Basics
- Outdoor Grow Operations
- Outdoor Grow Investigations
- Aerial Marijuana Spotting
- Marijuana Eradication
- Search Warrants and Legal Considerations
- Case File Preparation
- Case Examples
Course Schedule and Contacts:
To register for a class, click the “Register” button or call the contact listed with that class below: