Course Length: 1 day (8 hours)
MCTFT Coordinators: Gail Walker (727-344-8020)
This course is designed to provide first responders with the knowledge to recognize and survive a clandestine lab encounter. This course also addresses the many facets of methamphetamine history, effects and new trends in production. Agencies hosting this course are encouraged invite other local first responders to this session (Fire, EMS, Probation and Parole, Corrections, Division of Family Services, Social Services, Department of Environmental Protection, etc.).
- Define clandestine laboratories.
- Identify the drugs that are manufactured in clandestine laboratories.
- Understand the history of methamphetamine.
- Identify the effects of methamphetamine.
- Describe the hazards, prevalent methods and trends in methamphetamine production.
- Identify first responder actions.
Overview of topics
- Clandestine Lab Overview
- Methamphetamine Facts
- Clandestine Lab Recognition
- Methamphetamine Manufacturing
- First Responder Actions
Course Schedule and Contacts:
To register for a class, click the “Register” button or call the contact listed with that class below: