Course Length: 3 days (24 hours)
MCTFT Coordinators: Gail Walker (727-344-8020)
This course will provide students with the principles and techniques for the financial aspects of drug-related investigations. This interactive course involves specific case scenarios that will allow the student to conduct financial interviews, identify sources of financial information, utilize indirect methods of proving profitability in illegal enterprises, carry out financial undercover operations, and execute financial search warrants.
- State elements of the various financial crimes that stem from the laundering and accumulation of profits from the illegal narcotics industry.
- Utilize techniques that can be employed parallel to a normal drug investigation and used to supplement any ongoing criminal investigation/prosecution to solve open cases and identify future investigations.
- Identify if money laundering and currency violations can assist them in expanding their prosecution base through adding additional targets and whether asset forfeiture provisions of these statutes are appropriate.
Overview of topics
- Financial Interviewing and Recording
- Sources of Financial Information
- Domestic Banking
- Bank Secrecy Act / Commercial Reporting Forms
- Financial Profile
- Financial Links
- Financial Undercover Operations
- Financial Search Warrants
- Methods of Laundering Money
Course Schedule and Contacts:
To register for a class, click the “Register” button or call the contact listed with that class below: