Course Length: 1 days (8 hours)
MCTFT Coordinators: Todd Kirchgraber (727-344-8030)
This course will address techniques for assessing transnational offenders through knowledge of interview techniques, body language and eye patterns. At the conclusion of this course, the student will be able to apply successful interrogations techniques to detect deception or truthfulness in an individual while obtaining intelligence on transnational crime which may encompass terrorism, drug cartels and counter terrorist finance investigations.
- Identify interview techniques to maximize safety.
- Develop a basic understanding of non-verbal communication.
- Identify the difference between an interview and interrogation.
- Identify rapidly changing legal circumstances during roadside interviews.
- Identify the 5 phases of the interview process.
- Identify elements of active listening.
- Identify common interviewing mistakes.
- Describe strategies to set up a controlled environment.
- Practice conversational interview techniques.
Overview of topics
- The Basics of Offender Encounters
- Legal Issues
- The Interview
- Eye Accessing
- Questioning Techniques
- Deceptive Subjects
- The Setting
Course Schedule and Contacts: