Course Length: 1 day (8 hours)
MCTFT Coordinators: Gail Walker (727-344-8020)
This course will to provide an understanding of current and emerging drugs: terminology, appearance, paraphernalia, methods of ingestion, physiological and psychological effects, cultivation and/or production and concealment methods. This course will also include the conversion of commonly found legal substances to achieve or mimic drug effects.
- Identify various substances of abuse, related paraphernalia and methods of ingestion.
- Associate proper terminology with the slang terms used on the street.
- Describe the physiological and psychological effects of various substances of abuse.
- Describe the processes of cultivation and/or production of various substances of abuse.
- Describe how legal substances can be abused to achieve intoxication.
Overview of topics
- Unique Drug Submissions
- How Drugs Interact with the Body to Alert Perceptions
- Factors Leading to Opiates
- Heroin and Adulterated Heroin
- Diverted Opioids and Opiates
- Other Trending Drugs of Concern
Course Schedule and Contacts:
To register for a class, click the “Register” button or call the contact listed with that class below: