In this hour-long broadcast teen panelists will discuss their addiction and recovery process. The sooner you can recognize that your child or your friend is abusing alcohol or other drugs, the sooner you can seek help. If you notice changes in behavior, changes in friends, lying about after school or weekend activities, changes in mood, or depression your teen or someone you know might have a problem with substance abuse. Also, hear from an expert in adolescent addiction and intervention.
These topics among others will be discussed and will help others who are perhaps afraid or ashamed to seek help. The problem with addiction is that there are no rules as to who becomes a victim of this disease.
- Hear from recovering teens about how they became addicts
- Understand how experimentation progresses to addiction
- Learn the warning signs of addiction
- See how easy accessibility can lead to a drug habit
- Find out who can become a victim of addiction
- Understand how relapse is often part of recovery and learn the warning signs
- Hear from an expert in adolescent intervention and rehabilitation
- See how websites and resources can help you
Originally Aired: February 26, 2009
Discusses his addiction with alcohol, marijuana and opiates starting at the age of 14. He has now been clean in a recovery program for 8 months.
has been in recovery for just a short time for his addiction to alcohol, marijuana and opiates which started at the age of 13.
began his addiction with alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, and opiates at the age 15. Nick has been in recovery for 5 months.